Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back From Hiatus

Its been exactly two months since Tyler and I placed our boat into Spring Lake in San Marcos Texas and armed with 8 lbs of food each, 4 paddles and one boat, started our 262-mile, 76 hour endeavour to finish the Texas Water Safari. In the next couple of days I will be posting about the race, my experiences, feelings and lessons learned. I'll be posting statistics of our run and valuable lessons learned as well as possible future ambitions.

In the time between the Texas Water Safari and now, I haven't been nearly as active on the water or in the mountains. I've been taking time to spend with friends and my wife, who all had to put up with a lot during my training. From picking me up in Drumheller at 4:00am on a Sunday to sacrificing entire weekends without me to watching the travel costs increase tremendously.

So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment